5 Must Do Things You Should Do Before Repairing Your PC Or Laptop
- October 06, 2018
- Martin Swartz
Everyone at a certain point has to confront computer or laptop repair issues in your life. Most types of issues are minor ones, for instance, a pc could freeze or the hard disk could be broken or crashed. An individual can easily fix smaller PC issues like booting problems himself, but when the issue is related to the motherboard or hard disk, you have to call hardware professional. But no matter what the type of issue, it’s necessary for you to devote some time without using your PC or Laptop while its given for repair. The most effective and simplest solution in finding the right PC repair experts in a reasonable or free manner is by checking with the company that manufactured your PC or Laptop directly by calling their customer care. Make sure to claim your repair service for free if your PC is still on warranty or if the warranty already expired, ask the manufactured for the nearest official service center. I have always personally use Computer Repair LTD as my PC was already out of warranty a year ago and even used them to recover data that I lost from my Mac last week. However today through this blog post am going to suggest you a few simple tactics to prevent huge expenses on computer repairs later on in your life.
- Notice the observable symptoms: as soon as a computer indicates any operational troubles, your PC is going to exhibit with error messages that are specific. Note down the error message that popped up on a piece of paper along with other PC failures that you had recently while using the computer. You don’t have to worry if you can’t recognize the errors precise nature and as it would be mostly some techinical problem. Make sure you note down all the errors and system failures as this would help the computer repair technician to identify your PC’s problem fast and easy. That means you have to be careful while observing this computer system problem and write down it precisely.
- Call Customer Support: Once you have noted down the system failures correctly the next step is to call the technician. Occasionally it’s not feasible to visit a computer repair center as it would be far away from your location or you might have a busy schedule at the office or home. For this reason, you have to learn more about the remote inspection services open to fix the personal computer. You’re able to find the numbers out on the official manufactures website. Make sure you have at least collected phone numbers of 4-5 official repair companies so you can, later on, compare and check the best quote. Once you have the list of phone number, start making phone calls to them. They would ask you the serial and model number of your PC or Laptop to ensure whether the warranty expired or not. Talk about your PC problems which you noted in step one and ask them the time frame on when you can get back the device back home.
- Document Your Repair Procedures: To my knowledge, most of the computer repair centers in London are happy to do an onsite visit to your home or office to check whether the issue can be solved from your place. If this can’t be done then only option is that the technician take the PC to his work place to fix it. When you are handing over the pc to the computer repair technician, you have to be sure that you gather records. Ask the company to document the details of hardware or software that is causing the problems have to be replaced and also, in addition, ask them to specific the time necessary to bring back the computer or laptop in the document. This straightforward documentation procedure could help save you in incurring any extra charges or expenses.
- Backup Your PC Files: Once you have decided to give your laptop or computer for fixing, you need to back up all files which are essential for you to a hard disk. Additionally note down the serial number of hard disk drive serial number, modem, cd rom and other pieces of the gadget. When you receive the computer back from your computer repair supplier, these minute details might help you in confirming your PC. Lastly, you have to make sure you erase all sorts of confidential and personal data out on the computer before committing it to get fixed.
- Consider Exchanging the PC if too old: Its a personal tip I use myself, in case you are using one an old PC or Laptop without warranty ask the company for latest deals. Most manufacturers and computer repair centers offer good exchange prices for old PC if it’s of the same brand.
So I hope these five tips will help you solve most of your issues faced while giving your PC for repairs to a computer repair company. However, with these easy methods you can easily avoid facing problems concerning with the PC repair next time.